Design your own action hero character to be in 88 Heroes
25 May, 2016
From your brain, straight into the game! Win the chance to have your own character design appear as a playable hero in forthcoming action game 88 Heroes.
Don your brightest cape and tightest spandex as they Rising Star Games and game developer Bitmap Bureau invite you to become a part of 88 Heroes’ design process. Pick up your finest crayon and wow us with your most creative hero designs and your delightful doodle could become the game’s 88th playable hero!
The criteria is simple: design a hero (or zero!) with a unique skill that will help or hinder players as they navigate the side-scrolling enemy-filled and booby-trapped levels. Entries may be submitted digitally, or you could scribble a doodle on a fast food wrapper, or even create a rich and lore-filled backstory for your hero in a 100-page document – or anything and everything in between.
To help you on your way, they have provided a basic template. Just remember, the three essentials to include are: a visual sketch or drawing of the hero (as basic or elaborate as you like), the hero’s name (keep it clean!), and a description of the hero’s unique skill. That’s it! Closing date for entries is 30th June 2016. Send entries to email@example.com or tweet your entries @88heroesgame
88 Heroes is a chaotic 2D platformer that is as fun to watch as it is to play, where each level completed or untimely death brings a new uniquely skilled hero into the action. With just 88 minutes to complete all 88 levels, you’ll need every one of the 88 heroes to stop the dastardly Dr. H8 destroying the Earth! Are you up to the challenge?
Struggling to create your killer character concept? Here are some examples of the heroes and their skills that already feature in the game:
- Gonan – Muscle-bound warrior wielding a mighty sword that’s slow to swing but can slash through scenery to create shortcuts
- PowerTron – Robo law enforcer who fires missiles that are deadly to enemies, but also himself
- Neutron Brothers – Scientists fused together in a lab blunder, who can teleport through walls and even into enemies to kill them
- Max Velocity – With a rocket pack strapped to his back there’s nowhere he can’t fly, but he’s a piloting nightmare
- Invisible Sheriff – You can’t hide from the law if you can’t see it coming; hard to see but also hard for enemies to hit.
88 Heroes will be released on the PlayStation 4, PC, Mac, Linux and Xbox One on 8th August 2016.