Donut County headed to Xbox One and Switch later this month
Donut County is all about controlling an all-swallowing hole in the ground, and it’s headed straight for the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, right this month.
Donut County just can’t stop swallowing up those consoles, can it? It’s already consumed PC, Mac, PS4, and iOS, and now it’s going after Xbox One and Switch players. The announcement comes to us by way of a tweet from official Twitter account. Have a look:
Special delivery! Donut County is coming to Nintendo Switch & Xbox One on December 18, 2018! pic.twitter.com/VSAMbyMjDp
— Donut County (@donutcounty) December 7, 2018
The game originally released in August this year, and it’s won quite a few accolades for its off-beat style. Among them are two nominations at The Game Awards, for Best Debut Indie Game and Best Mobile Game. The game also won App Store’s iPhone Game of the Year award.
Here’s what the game’s about, according to the publisher:
Donut County is a story-based physics puzzle game where you play as an ever-growing hole in the ground. Meet cute characters, steal their trash, and throw them in a hole.
Raccoons have taken over Donut County with remote-controlled trash-stealing holes. You play as BK, a hole-driving raccoon who swallows up his friends and their homes to earn idiotic prizes.
When BK falls into one of his own holes, he’s confronted by his best friend Mira and the residents of Donut County, who are all stuck 999 feet underground… and they demand answers!
• EXPLORE every character’s home, each with their own unique environment.
• MOVE the hole to swallow up their stuff, growing bigger each time.
• COMBINE objects inside for crazy effects: cook soup, breed bunnies, launch fireworks, and more.
• CATAPULT things back out of the hole. You can use it to solve puzzles…or just destroy stuff.
• DEVOUR everything. The hole won’t stop until the whole county is all gone.