Indie Game Releases of the Week: 23rd to 29th September 2019
22 Sep, 2019
This week in indie games, we have the Lovecraftian horror RPG Stygian, arcade shooter Habroxia, feline sequel Cat Quest II, and more.
Our picks for the most notable indie releases this week include two dark and twisted RPGs, but they’re balanced out by a pun-tastic cat RPG, a space shooter just like the old times, and a chill game about exploring and solving puzzles. Also check the ‘Other Releases’ section below for some big, big ports.
Habroxia (24th September for PS4, PS Vita; 26th September for Switch)
Developer: Lillymo Games
Habroxia is a classic-styled shooter that carries the side-scrolling space shooter tradition. And yes, it really does appear to be coming to the PS Vita. Apart from cleansing a galaxy of invaders in both vertical and horizontal modes, you will also be able to upgrade your ship.
Cat Quest II (24th September on PC)
Developer: The Gentlebros
Cat Quest II is an open-world action RPG that follows in its predecessor’s paw-steps, but offers more of everything, and even local co-op to boot. This time around, you’ll find yourself in the middle of a war between the cats of Felingrad and the dogs of Lupus Empire, where you’ll control two kings, one of each species.
The Executioner (25th September on PC)
Developer: Lesser Evil Games
Publisher: Lesser Evil Games
The Executioner is a dark and brutal RPG, in which you play as a medieval torturer and, well, executioner. You’ll have to investigate, interrogate, make moral decisions, and take care of your own sanity while you’re at it. Check out our previous coverage of the game here.
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones (26th September on PC)
Developer: Cultic Games
Publisher: 1C Entertainment
Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones is a horror-themed RPG inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft, and it’s set in a twisted, godforsaken version of the 1920s, in a town called Arkham. You get to create your own character, and then create your own mistakes in a world taken over by eldritch monstrosities.
Memorrha (27th September on PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)
Memorrha is an indie adventure game that has you exploring the remains of a mysterious culture, full of strange machines and tricky puzzles.
Other Indie Releases
- Oliver’s Adventures in the Fairyland (23rd September on Switch)
- Dead by Daylight (24th September on Switch)
- I Love You, Colonel Sanders! A Finger Lickin’ Good Dating Simulator (24th September on PC)
- Dreaming Canvas (24th September on PS4; 27th September on Switch)
- Crowd Simulator (24th September on PC)
- Rex Rocket (25th September on Xbox One)
- Constructor Plus (25th September on Xbox One)
- Timothy and the Mysterious Forest (25th September on PC)
- Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman (26th September on Switch)
- Northgard (26th September on Switch)
- Barry Bradford’s Putt Panic Party (26th September on Switch)
- Cyber Protocol (26th September on Switch)
- Button Button Up! (26th September on Switch)
- Thy Kingdom Crumble (26th September on PC, Mac, Linux)
- Paper Train (26th September on Switch)
- Fight’N Rage (26th September on Switch; 27th September on Xbox One)
- The Adventures of Elena Temple (27th September on Xbox One)
- Freedom Finger (27th September on Switch)
- A Glider’s Journey (27th September on PC)
- Nordlicht (27th September on PC, Mac)
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (27th September on Switch)
- Shard (28th September on PC)
Also have a look at the releases that came out last week, check here. For something else that’s already out, have a look at Deathstate.