Nidhogg 2 set to feed the wurm on Switch later this month
05 Nov, 2018
Nidhogg 2 is duelling its way to the Nintendo Switch, and you’ll be able to enjoy the privilege of being eaten by the wurm as early as later this month.
Not having had its fill with such platforms as PC, Xbox One, and PS4, the wurm is headed to the Switch. Nidhogg 2 will bring its ludicrous duelling to the Nintendo console on 22nd November. This port comes well over a year since its original release.
Here’s what it’ll feature:
- Take the wurm on the go with Nintendo Switch Handheld Mode.
- Challenge the AI or a friend in 1v1 combat.
- Fight for the top seat in 8-player tournaments.
- Master the distinctive traits of four weapons.
- Get stylish with full character customization.
- 11 stages from castles to Nidhogg innards.
- Alter the rules with over 10 different game variables.
- Go online with matchmaking and private games.
Here’s what’s special about the game:
The rules are simple. Reach the other side and kill anyone that stands in your way. Deftly parry and rend their throats, riddle their bowels with arrows, or squish their brains between your toes. The wurm cares not for chivalry.
Expanding upon the award-winning gameplay of its predecessor, Nidhogg 2 offers up new weapons, new levels, new ways to customize your slaughter, fashion-forward character customization, a grotesquely captivating art style courtesy of Toby Dixon, and sounds for your ear holes by acclaimed electronic artists Mux Mool, Geotic, Doseone, Osborne, and Daedelus.
For more information, have a look at the official website here. If you’d rather catch the game on PC or Mac, have a look at the Steam page.
If you prefer to cook your foes after defeating them, consider Battle Chef Brigade. Also have a look at the stick figure martial arts antics of One Finger Death Punch 2.