Bramble: The Mountain King Walkthrough – Pesta’s Nightmare
28 Apr, 2023
Bramble: The Mountain King Walkthrough
Check out our Bramble: The Mountain King walkthrough to find out how to defeat Pesta in the Pesta’s Nightmare boss fight chapter.
Welcome to Into Indie Games’ Bramble: The Mountain King walkthrough, where you’ll learn how to clear the game’s puzzles and make progress throughout the game.
For more information on Bramble: The Mountain King beyond this walkthrough, check out the official website here.
Pesta’s Nightmare takes place across three rounds. In each of the three rounds, Pesta can use three types of attacks, which gets increasingly dangerous as the rounds advance.
After each attack, Pesta’s eyes will be open to attack. You have to hit each eye twice with your rock in order to defeat Pesta in that round. This means that in each round, you have to hit Pesta four times to beat them.
The attacks and their counter strategies are given below:
- Rake Attack: Pesta pushes a rake in your direction, and if you are hit by the sharp ends of the rake, you will die. To avoid this attack, position Olle between the gaps of the rake’s teeth. This might take some practise.
- Sneeze Attack: Numerous heads of Pesta appear, and one of them sneezes at you, causing you to die. To avoid this attack, scan all the heads to see which one is ‘inhaling’. You can see small wavy lines of the wind going into Pesta’s nostrils. Attack exactly that head of Pesta to interrupt their attack and leave them open for a counter-attack.
- Rat Attack: Pesta vomits a very large horde of rats, which run towards you. If the rats touch you, you die. To a void this attack, keep an eye on how the rats are arranging themselves after being vomited. You want to pass through the gaps between the rats, without touching any of them.
Between rounds, Olle must row the boat further to the mountain.
- Rake Attack: Pesta pushes the rake in your direction, but this time, it’s upside-down. Regardless, you will die if you touch the rake. Here, you must not only position yourself between the gaps of the rake’s teeth, but also jump through them to avoid being hit by the stem that’s scraping the ground.
- Sneeze Attack: Numerous heads of Pesta appear, but they are randomly oriented. Otherwise, this is same as the first round – look for the inhaling head and attack it.
- Rat Attack: Same as before, but the rats bigger in size. Avoid them the same way as before.
- Snack Attack: Pesta will appear below you without warning, eating you. To avoid this attack, you simply have to be vigilant and jump forward as soon as Pesta appears.
Once again, row your boat between rounds.
- Rake Attack: Pesta strikes the rake between Olle and the camera, and pulls it towards them. As usual, position yourself in the gap, and there’s no need to jump. You might find this easier than the previous round’s rake attack.
- Sneeze Attack: This time, the heads are oriented the same way, as in the first round, but there’s a whole wall of them. As before, look for which one is inhaling and getting ready to sneeze and attack it in time to interrupt it.
- Rat Attack: Same as before, but it’s harder to see the rats, and they’re also bigger in size.
- Snack Attack: Same as before.
Once you beat the third round, Pesta’s Nightmare is over and you enter the next chapter of the game, The Summit Pt. 3.
Head on to the next part of our walkthrough of Bramble: The Mountain King here!