Growbot Walkthrough – Music Room Part 2 (Mixing Machine 3)
25 Nov, 2021
Stuck in Growbot? This walkthrough will take you through separating the melodies using the third mixing machine in the music room.
Growbot Walkthrough Table of Contents
- Living Quarters Part 1 (Solar Berry Jam)
- Living Quarters Part 2 (Brainapilla)
- Living Quarters Part 3 (Daisy Sound and Shield)
- Garden Part 1 (Fixing the Captain)
- Garden Part 2 (The Captain’s Mind)
- Garden Part 3 (Water Machine)
- Garden Part 4 (Cloud Machine)
- Pond Part 1 (Coral Reef)
- Pond Part 2 (Light Sprite Maze)
Welcome to the Into Indie Games walkthrough for Growbot! At all times, it is recommended that you explore the space station for yourself, talk to everyone you can, and use all the items you can on everything else. There’s no way to lose or die in this game! If you do get stuck, though – consult this guide, where we’ve laid down the steps for how to proceed with the story.
For more information on Growbot, check out the official website here!
The Final Mixing Machine
Use the final mixing machine, which has six glowing, colorful lights arranged in a hexagonal pattern.
This is a curious puzzle that can look complicated, but it’s easy once you get the hang of it.
Your goal is to fulfill a certain number in the innermost ring of circles (where it currently says 0 for all). The number you need to fulfill, as well as the combination of colors you’ll need to fulfill it, are displayed next to the circle. For example, in the top innermost circle, you need to combine one blue and one purple circle, creating a total of 4 (because blue is 1, and purple is 3).
If you bring a circle to the middle point of the puzzle, you can freely switch the ‘ring’ it is on by pressing any of the colored arrows around the central circle.
Here’s the buttons to press to solve all the circles (note that these continue one after the other, so you will have to follow the guide exactly one step after the other, or otherwise devise your own strategy):
- Upper circle (4)
- Blue ring, right arrow – three times
- Red central arrow
- Red ring, lower arrow – once
- Purple ring, lower arrow – four times
- Upper-right circle (5)
- Red ring, lower arrow – two times
- Yellow central arrow
- Yellow ring, lower arrow – once
- Purple ring, upper arrow – three times
- Green central arrow
- Green ring, left arrow – once
- Lower-right circle (23)
- Yellow ring, lower arrow – twice
- Purple central arrow
- Purple ring, upper arrow – once
- Green ring, left arrow – twice
- Blue central arrow
- Blue ring, left arrow – once
- Lower-left circle (10)
- Red ring, lower arrow – twice
- Orange ring, upper arrow – three times
- Blue central arrow
- Blue ring, right arrow – once
- Upper-left circle (18)
- Blue ring, right arrow, three times
- Orange central arrow
- Orange ring, lower arrow, once
- Green ring, left arrow, twice
Once you’ve solved this puzzle, take two teleporters up to the top floor and use the colorful teleporter near the elevator there to go to Harmonics.
You’ll be stopped by a shield, of course, so here’s the combination for its key: Scary Flower, Firepuff, Snowdrop, Scary Flower, Firepuff, Bluebell.
If you haven’t collected the Snowdrop flower already on your way up, you can find it in the middle level, just below the rainbow waterfall.
Use the shield key on the shield, and then hop onto the colorful teleporter.