Mail Time Walkthrough – Part 2
30 Apr, 2023
Check out our walkthrough of Mail Time to find out how to complete Swomp’s quest line, and find all the mushrooms for Toph.
Mail Time Walkthrough
- Part 1 (Shelby, Kiki, Egbert, Annie)
- Part 2 (Swomp, Toph's Mushrooms)
- Part 3 (Daisy, Soks, Ham, Max, Greg)
Welcome to the Into Indie Games walkthrough for Mail Time!
For more information on Mail Time beyond this walkthrough, be sure to check out the official site here!
Swomp’s Quest Line
Swomp is a rat you can find near… the swamp. Look for a bunch of dynamite near his house.
Swomp’s Message for Irene
Irene is a weasel who’s currently spying on Kiki the cat. You can find Irene on top of the stone arch near Kiki’s place.
- Facing Swomp, take a left and continue up the series of rocks and mushrooms, so that you reach the village.
- In the village, pass through next to Haley the goose’s house. Here, you’ll find the stone arch next to the apple tree.
- Jump on the red mushroom to the left of the arch and go up the rock arch to find Irene.
Talk to Irene up on the arch.
Irene’s Message for Kaz
Kaz is a raven you can find in the cave behind the waterfall, near the windmill.
- From the rock arch, jump towards the well. Glide all the way into the yellow flower forest.
- Make for the wooden fence with the hole in it. Jump on the flowerpot near the hole and glide through the hole itself.
- You’ll find the waterfall immediately after you pass through the hole. Simply run into the waterfall to enter the cave.
- Continue forward in the cave and go up to the upper level.
Kaz is in front of an easel here. Talk to them to deliver Irene’s message.
Kaz’s Delivery for Irene
- Head out of the cave and take a right after exiting from the waterfall.
- Jump onto the stall below the hole in the fence, and then jump through the hole in the fence.
- Exit the yellow flower forest by following the path to the right of the well, emerging in the area where you started the game.
- Go up this path so that you find the hollow tree log. Pass through it.
- Jump onto the rock arch immediately to the right, and get to the other side of the arch to find Irene keeping watch over Kiki.
Talk to Irene.
Irene’s Message for Swomp
- From the arch, glide towards the village.
- Go straight ahead, with the arch at your back, to approach the swamp. Glide down here.
- Just before the swamp, you’ll find Swomp the rat at his house.
Talk to Swomp.
Swomp’s Letter for Kaz
- This time, head into the swamp, which can be found to the right of where Swomp is located.
- Pass through the swamp towards the fallen log that serves as a dam.
- Double-jump onto the log to reach the farm area.
- Keep running straight ahead to find the waterfall and run through the waterfall to find Kaz’s cave.
- Go up to the upper level to find Kaz.
Talk to Kaz.
Kaz’s Delivery for Irene
We’ve already made a delivery from Kaz to Irene before, so follow the instructions above to get to Irene.
Irene’s “Letter” for Kiki
Kiki can be found below where Irene is facing. Hop off the arch and talk to the cat.
Kiki’s Check for Irene, uh I mean the “Bank”
Irene is up on the arch near Kiki, so just jump up there and talk to her.
Talk to Kaz
You’ve made your way from Irene to Kaz before, so follow the instructions above to get to Kaz.
This concludes Swomp’s, Irene’s, and Kaz’s quest line.
Toph’s Quest Line
Toph is a bat you can find in the circle of mushrooms that’s located between the swamp and the village. You can also glide to the circle of mushrooms from the picnic blanket cliff.
Talk to Toph to get a ‘musshion’, that is to say, a mushroom mission – a mission to acquire mushrooms and bring them back. There are nine mushrooms in all, one for each major area of the game.
The guide below will take you through acquiring each one starting from Toph is.
Exit the circle of mushrooms that Toph is in, and turn right. You should see some purple mushrooms behind some flowers. Jump on top of the biggest purple mushroom to get the Amethyst Deceiver.
Pass through the swamp and jump over the log that serves as the dam. The Indigo Milkcap is immediately on the other side of the log. Despite the name, it’s a blue mushroom.
The Blue Pinkgill can be found in Kaz’s cave. From where you found the Indigo Milkcap, head for the waterfall and enter through it.
Inside the cave, keep going until you find some bright purple mushrooms, and then take a left for the rocky ramp up. The Blue Pinkgill can be found on this ramp – it’s a very thin blue mushroom.
The Purple Pinwheel can be found in the yellow flower forest. After exiting Kaz’s cave, take a right and jump up on top of the stall. Double-jump through the hole in the fence to reach the yellow flower forest.
Here, go left in the direction of Donna the snail and continue past her, through the yellow flowers, to find a thin pink mushroom. This is the Purple Pinwheel mushroom.
The Scarlett Elfcup can be found on the main road, near where you started the game. From where you found the Purple Pinwheel, find the path opposite the wooden fence in the yellow flower forest and follow it to reach the area where you started the game.
Go down the hill to where Janet is, and then head onto the main road. The Scarlett Elfcup can be found near the tunnel entrance that’s further away from Janet.
The Red Cage can be found near Kiki the cat’s house. Go up the path from where you started the game, turning right at the hollow tree log to find Kiki’s house. The Red Cage is hidden away behind some rocks to the right of where is Kiki is standing.
The Wrinkled Peach can be found on the big cliff with the picnic blanket on it. From the village, jump on the wooden walkways to go up to the wooden swing, and then pass through it to find Clarence’s home. Glide from here to the cliff opposite, which has a big picnic blanket on it.
Upon reaching the cliff, take a left, passing Soks the caterpillar and the trash can on your right, and you’ll find the Wrinkled Peach mushroom next to Basil the bunny’s house.
The Gold Tuft can be found in the bamboo grove area. From where you found the Wrinkled Peach, run towards the wooden bridge that connects the picnic blanket to the bamboo grove. Upon entering the bamboo grove, run straight ahead, past X the gopher, and you’ll find a picnic table next to a house in a wooden log.
The Gold Tuft can be found growing on this log, towards the side of the waterfall.
The Parrot Waxcap can be found at the highest area of the game, near the top of the waterfall. From where you found the Gold Tuft, run to the lily pads on the lake and jump up the long leaf that stretches upwards. You can jump onto the central rock here, where you’ll find Jim the frog’s house.
Jump on top of his house and then green pool with the updraft over it. Glide in place here to rise up, and then glide towards the waterfall. From the waterfall, take a left and climb up the tree stump.
Now keep going straight and level, and at the very end of this way, you’ll find the Parrot Waxcap hidden away in a small corner next to a flowerpot.
Mushrooms for Toph
Return to Toph after you’ve collected all the mushrooms and talk to him to deposit the lot. You can now change your hat from the collection of mushrooms near Toph.
Looking to make other deliveries? Head on to the next part of our Mail Time walkthrough here!