Chants of Sennaar Walkthrough – Part 7 (Bards’ Gardens, Fruits)
07 Sep, 2023
Chants of Sennaar Walkthrough
- Part 1 (Entering the Abbey)
- Devotee Glyphs: open, close, door, greetings, you, me, man, devotee, warrior, god, hide, seek, go
- Part 2 (Coin and Lens)
- Devotee Glyphs: up, not, free, preacher, death, plant
- Part 3 (Church and Cemetery Puzzles)
- Devotee Glyphs: key, pot, lens, potion, music, instrument, make, abbey, church, cemetery, garden, talk, help, love, see
- All Devotee Glyphs
- Part 4 (Frontier - Disguise)
- Warrior Glyphs: warrior, not, love, death, wait, go, plural, protect, chosen, impure, carry, lay, push
- Part 5 (Observatory, Treasury)
- Warrior Glyphs: duty, weapon, trolley, fortress, treasure, call, help, seek, scientist (+ bottle, crate, small, big)
- Part 6 (Ringing the Bells)
- Warrior Glyphs: big, small, bottle, crate, vessel, instrument, balance, key, sun, moon, bellman, build, music, fear
- All Warrior Glyphs
- Part 7 (Bards' Gardens, Fruits)
- Bard Glyphs: plural, warrior, go/pass, not, beauty, be, love/like, greetings, question, bard, weapon, have, idiot, you, me, seek, find, instrument, music, comedy
- Part 8 (Windmill, Games)
- Bard Glyphs: hammer, pliers, saw, play, ascend, fire, path, windmill, theater, agora
- Part 9 (Theater, Compass)
- Bard Glyphs: book, monster, brother, compass, north, east, south, west, man, free, abbey, fortress
- All Bard Glyphs
- Part 10 (Tunnels, Laboratories)
- Alchemist Glyphs: me, you, plural, find, seek, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Part 11 (Library, Mines)
- Alchemist Glyphs: door, fairy, book, alchemist, bard, brother, gold, silver, copper, carbon, library, refectory, laboratory, mine, death, open, close
- Part 12 (Formula, Transforming)
- Alchemist Glyphs: not, warrior, plant, make, fire, help, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, transformation, formula, monster, fear
- All Alchemist Glyphs
Stuck in Chants of Sennaar? Check out our walkthrough of Chants of Sennaar to find out how to find the fruits in the bards’ gardens.
Welcome to the Into Indie Games walkthrough for Chants of Sennaar. This is a story-oriented guide, and while we do cover validating glyphs, we will not always state what a glyph is until it is time to validate it.
For more information on Chants of Sennaar beyond this walkthrough, check out the official website here.
We have now made it to the land of the bards. Begin by going up the steps and looking at the signboard for a bilingual inscription that will get us a leg up in the language of the bards.
Right after viewing the signboard, you’ll pull out your notebook. Fill it up as shown below.
Bard language: plural, warrior, go/pass, not
Now go through the doorway up the steps to enter the Gardens proper. Get on the gondola and pull the lever to be ferried to the other side, where the bards reside.
Talk to the two people near the gondola dock to get some new glyphs from them. Once you’re done talking to them, go over the bridge leading west.
Towards, the south, you’ll find a person admiring themself in the mirror. Talk to them to get some new glyphs.
When you pull out your notebook to validate the next set of glyphs, fill them out as below.
Bard language: beauty, be, love/like
Towards the north of this area, up some steps, you’ll find a person painting on a canvas. Talk to them just in case, although you won’t learn any new glyphs from them.
As you’re here, go up the steps from the painter and through the doorway leading north.
You’ll get a new glyph as you enter this area, thanks to a person in a mask. Go up the steps and examine the glyphs on the three statues here.
Just west of the statues, you’ll find a red fruit hanging from a tree with big leaves. Pick up the fruit. Then, go through the doorway further to the west.
In this area, you’ll find a person playing a song while another person listens. Talk to them and then you’ll pull out your notebook for some glyph validation.
Bard language: greetings, question, bard
Before leaving this area, be sure to pick up the red fruit hanging from a tree with big leaves, located to the left of the musical pair.
Now take the path to the southeast to enter a big area with lots of people, all of whom are too busy frolicking to chat with you. In the center of this area, you’ll find a third and final red fruit – pick it up.
There are three puppet show machines located to the southwest, the northwest, and the northeast of this area. Check them out by giving one red fruit each to the monkey operating the crank.
Note that you only need to give each monkey a fruit once, and you can then get them to turn the cranks as many times as you like. Don’t be stingy.
After you’re done viewing all three puppet show machines, you’ll pull your notebook. Fill it up as shown below.
Bard language: weapon, have, idiot
Now that that’s done, we’ve completed our tour of the initial area of the bards. It’s time to move on. Go to the southeast of the area, where you’ll find some steps going down to a locked door.
If you pay attention, you’ll find a servant emerge from and re-enter into the the door. Follow this servant and enter the door when it is open for the servant.
We’re now in the squalid underworld of the gardens. Go west now and through the doorway in the northern wall, where you’ll find a small room with a broken inscription and a teleportation terminal. Activate the terminal, which is the fourth one.
Then, interact with the broken inscription to get around to fixing it. You can easily reassemble the inscription by keeping an eye on the edges. At the end, it should look like the screenshot below.
Exit this screen to pull out your notebook and fill in some glyphs.
Bard language: you, me, seek, find
After you’re done, exit the room and take the path going west, down the steps.
In this room, you can observe the window and the signboard next to it. When you exit that screen, you’ll pull out your notebook again.
Bard language: instrument, music, comedy
To the west of the windows, you’ll find two doorways, one going downstairs and one going upstairs. The downstairs doorway will take you further into the maze of sewers where the servants are forced to live.
For now, take the doorway to the right, which goes upstairs.
Thank you for reading this walkthrough of Chants of Sennaar! Also be sure to check out our coverage of other indie games from 2023!
- Into Indie Games Homepage
- Best Indie Horror Games of 2023
- Best Indie Adventure Games of 2023
- Best Indie Games of 2023
- Best Co-op Indie Games of 2023